5 Tips For A Successful Breast Augmentation ProcedureLast Updated: November 25, 2016 | Author:
Have you ever considered breast augmentation surgery? Many Houstonian women have. Hundreds of thousands of women have this procedure each year. One reason that it is a popular procedure is because it helps a woman to fill out a bathing suit, and look attractive in stylish and curvy fashions. The following are some tips to help you if you are considering having the procedure.
1. First and foremost, the Houston breast augmentation surgeon you select should be board-certified. The procedure must be performed correctly the first time. Otherwise, you may have problems later in life. It is essential to engage a board certified surgeon. Don’t be afraid to ask your surgeon questions, and make sure that they explain to you the benefits and any risks involved with the surgery.
2. The next thing you need to decide before the breast augmentation procedure is what size implants you are going to receive. You should choose the size implant that best fits your chest. Your surgeon will help you determine what that is. It is advisable to avoid overly large implants if you have a small and tight chest. Complications can arise from trying to utilize implants that are too big. If you have a large chest, you can have larger implants.
3. Choosing the type of implant that will be used. Your doctor will advise you, but it is a personal choice, and most plastic surgeons use either one. There are two types of implants in current use. One is saline, and the other is silicone. They are both safe, and FDA approved. Some women prefer silicone because they say it feels more like their natural breasts.
4. If you plan to have children after the breast augmentation surgery, you should consider that while it is possible to breast-feed post breast augmentation, most surgeons won’t guarantee that you’ll be successful. And some women do lose the ability to nurse.
5. Plan for the recovery period. Schedule enough time off from your daily activities or work for the recovery period. Make sure someone is available to take care of you in the first few days, to prepare food and to run errands. If you are the main caregiver to children, you will need someone to watch them while you recover. Lots of rest and staying off your feet is essential.
Houstonian women that decided to have the breast augmentation procedure should contact a plastic surgeon. They will schedule an initial consultation, which is usually free of charge. When you meet with your surgeon, discuss the changes you would like to make in your breasts, whether it’s enlargement, or volume, or shape. He or she will discuss the procedure and answer any questions you may have at this time. This is a procedure that for many women is a renewal and brings a more youthful figure back. They feel better wearing clothes and swimwear, and they are less self-conscious about their chest size. This has a positive effect on their self-esteem and self-confidence, as well. All in all, the surgery is a life enhancing procedure.