Why Do Women Get Breast Augmentation?
Houston breast augmentation surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures performed. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, breast enhancement procedures are some of the most popular around the world. The surgery entails increasing the size of the breasts, sometimes dramatically. Sometimes it involves changing the shape of the breasts. Implants are used to increase the size, and transplanted skin and fat are used to alter the shape. There are many reasons why Houston women choose to have breast augmentation. They are primarily cosmetic, but health plays a role, as well.
Breast augmentation procedures are performed for some of the following reasons:
• To increase size – numerous women would like to have larger breasts. They may increase the size by a cup or two, or they may undergo a considerable enlargement. They may want to have a more proportional figure, or they may want to enjoy stylish clothes without having to mix and match bottoms and tops. It may be that they want to be more attractive to their significant other. Whatever the reason, larger breasts are important to a woman, and the means to have them are available.
• Pregnancy and breastfeeding – the weight gain from pregnancy and breastfeeding can significantly increase the size of the breasts. Once the baby weight has been lost or breastfeeding completed, breasts can sag, and breast augmentation can rejuvenate their appearance.
• Weight loss – significant weight loss can have an impact on breast size and shape.
• Asymmetry between breasts – sometimes Mother Nature endows a woman with breasts that are different sizes. This difference can be a whole cup size. This makes it very difficult to find bras that fit well. The same goes for bathing suit tops, and clothes in general. There is a good chance that the difference will cause embarrassment in the presence of others.
• Cancer related mastectomy – an unfortunate and traumatic occurrence is the advent of cancer in the breasts. If a mastectomy is required, then breast augmentation can reconstruct the breasts, giving them back their natural looking state. This can be of great benefit and relief to a woman who has had to undergo this serious illness.
One of the main benefits to breast enhancement surgery isn’t physical. It is the boost in self-confidence and self-esteem that accompanies being happy with the way that you look.
Breast augmentation in Houston as illustrated above is undergone for a variety of reasons. All of them are legitimate reasons. It should be noted that elective cosmetic surgery is a highly personal choice. No one else should influence your decision, and you should not have a procedure for anyone else but you. Another item of importance is finding the right surgeon for your needs. He or she should be board certified and experienced in the procedure in question. A skilled and caring surgeon will make the surgery safer and a great success.