Mommy Makeover in Houston
Many women experience changes to their bodies during pregnancy and after childbirth. Oftentimes, these changes cannot be reversed or improved through diet and exercise alone. At Memorial Plastic Surgery, a Mommy Makeover can be performed through a combination of cosmetic breast and body procedures to help women restore their pre-pregnancy figures and self-confidence following motherhood.
Dr. Patrick Hsu, Dr. Kendall Roehl, Dr. Shayan Izaddoost, and Dr. Vasileios Vasilakis* are among the best in Texas, has provided beautiful Mommy Makeovers to over 300 women in and around the greater Houston and Clear Lake area, including Galveston, Webster, Pearland, Conroe, and Sugar Land. Our board-certified plastic surgeons’ “individual approach” will help to determine which procedures are best for you!
Is Mommy Makeover Right For Me?
Your plastic surgeon will consult with you to ensure that you are an ideal candidate for a mommy makeover. In general, you are an ideal candidate if you meet the criteria below:
- It has been at least six months since you completed breastfeeding
- You have no plans to have any more children
- You are within your average body weight in relation to your height and age. Our recommended BMI is under 30.
- You have realistic expectations about the final results
What Does a Mommy Makeover Consist Of?
Memorial Plastic Surgery uses the latest technology in every procedure performed by our surgeons. With advancements in anesthesia, safety and comfort are greatly improved. The state-of-the-art equipment in our surgery center allows for close monitoring throughout every procedure.
A traditional mommy makeover focuses on three main procedures:
There are typically at least three options: a mini, a full, or an extended abdominoplasty.
- The mini tummy tuck removes the excess skin of the abdomen between the belly button and pubic bone.
- A full tummy tuck corrects separated muscles and tightens the skin from the bottom of the breasts to the belly.
- An extended tummy tuck is like a full tummy tuck but requires longer incisions that extend around the flanks in order to maximally improve the abdominal contour in certain patients.
Resulting scar: Runs along the lower abdomen and is well hidden in underwear or a bikini.
Depending on the effects of motherhood, patients typically undergo at least one of the following breast enhancement surgeries during a mommy makeover:
- Breast Augmentation – This procedure uses implants to enhance the size and shape of the breasts.
- Breast Lift – This surgical procedure is used to restore the breast and nipples to their youthful contour and position on the chest wall. A breast lift without implants may be preferable when droopiness is the main concern. However, for many mothers, a breast lift can be combined with implants to address the loss of fullness and droopiness.
- Breast Reduction – Surgically corrects the size and shape of the breasts by reducing the volume of skin and tissue from the area.
Resulting scar: The scars will depend on the approach and incision technique utilized during surgery. Breast augmentation is executed with either inframammary, peri-areolar, or transaxillary incisions. Lift and reduction surgeries use either a lollipop or anchor incision to reshape the breasts. Regardless of approach, our surgeons do their best to ensure that scars are minimal and easily concealed beneath the bra or under the arms.
Liposuction reduces localized fat deposits by permanently removing fat. The procedure can be done in the abdomen, hips, thighs, knees, and arms.
Resulting Scar: The procedure results in minimal scarring typically the size of a dime. With proper care, the scars will fade as your body heals.
Additionally, many women have included the following procedures with their mommy makeover:
- Vaginal Rejuvenation – restores vaginal laxity and enhances sexual sensation through various procedures such as vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, clitoral hood reduction, and ThermiVa.
- Brazilian Butt Lift – uses harvested fat to surgically enhance the size, shape, and contour of the buttocks.
- Brachioplasty – removes unwanted fat and loose skin from the arms.
- Non-surgical Procedures – The Memorial Spa offers a number of quick, minimally-invasive in-office procedures that include facial fillers, neuromodulators such as Botox and Dysport, CoolSculpting, and Microneedling.
How is Mommy Makeover Performed?
Due to the complexity of undergoing multiple surgical procedures, your mommy makeover can take anywhere between 3 – 6 hours at a surgical facility. However, the duration and schedule of succeeding surgeries may change in the event you decide to undergo additional procedures.
Once general anesthesia has been administered, your doctor will first begin to extract fat from your body with liposuction. After the desired amount of fat has been extracted, your breasts will be surgically enhanced. Typically, the tummy tuck is performed last.
Once the procedure is complete, your doctors will close the incisions. Drains will be kept in place to control fluid build-up and blood loss. Your body will be covered in surgical dressings to help maintain its new contour and control bruising and swelling.
Mommy Makeover Video
Mommy Makeover Cost
The average price of a traditional mommy makeover in Houston combining a breast procedure (breast lift and/or augmentation) along with a tummy tuck and/or liposuction ranges between $25,000 – $35,000. These costs include the anesthesia and operating room (OR) fees, compression garments, and follow-up visits with your doctor after surgery. It also includes the professional fees of your surgeon, which vary per doctor. The final cost of a mommy makeover will range depending on what two or more cosmetic procedures are combined for your surgery. Please schedule a consultation to receive an accurate quote.
Memorial Plastic Surgery accepts personal checks, all major credit cards, and cryptocurrency. We also offer financing options with payment plans to ease costs for our patients. Your mommy makeover may be eligible for in-network insurance coverage in the event the procedures involved are deemed to be medically necessary such as in the case of a breast reduction.
Recovery and Results
While a traditional mommy makeover is typically an outpatient procedure, you may be required to spend a minimum of 24 hours in the surgery center prior to release. This is due to the duration and complexity of the procedure itself. Once cleared to return home, our surgeons will provide you and your family with instructions for post-operative care, which must strictly be followed to ensure your body heals with minimal complications.
You can review the table below for an estimated timeline for a traditional mommy makeover. The downtime from surgery may extend in the event you decide to include additional procedures with your mommy makeover:
|POST-OP OBSTACLES||ESTIMATED TIME|
|Drain use||2 – 3 weeks|
|Swelling||1 – 2 months|
|Compression Garment use||1 – 2 months|
|Bruising||1 – 2 months|
|DAILY ACTIVITIES||ESTIMATED TIME|
|Full body showers||36 hours|
|Return to Work & Driving||2 weeks|
|Household chores||4 – 6 weeks|
|Regular exercise & strenuous activities||6 – 8 weeks|
" Very happy I found this Doctor. Doctor and all his staff are wonderful. "
" Staff was amazing! Hsu was very helpful. I would definitely recommend him. "
" I was extremely comfortable. He was very professional and gave great recommendations. I would defintely recommend him. "
" Dr. Hsu is easy to talk to and takes the time to listen to you and answer all your questions. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. "
" He is very professional, and thorough went over all that would take place during surgery and what to expect afterwards. I would definitely recommend him. "
Mommy Makeover Frequently Asked Questions
- How many procedures may I undergo at once?
You may undergo multiple surgeries at the same time. This minimizes operation time as well as the length of the recovery process. However, be advised that you may be required to undergo the procedures at different times. The timeline will be discussed during your consultation.
- What happens if I get pregnant again after having a mommy makeover procedure?
Childbearing and breastfeeding may revert the cosmetic outcome of any surgeries performed on your body. This may then require another round of surgery to restore your contour again.
- What is the ideal time to get a mommy makeover?
You may begin a mommy makeover 6 months after giving birth and breastfeeding.
*The content and images on this page are provided with the sole intention of educating potential patients on the procedure discussed above. Results vary per individual and are dependent on our doctor’s consultation prior to the procedure. We strongly recommend undergoing a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon prior to scheduling and undergoing any surgical or non-surgical treatment.