BREAST AUGMENTATION IN HOUSTON, TX
Thousands of women in Houston, Texas, undergo breast augmentation surgery each year to improve the size, shape, volume, and symmetry of their breasts using implants or their own fat.
At Memorial Plastic Surgery, we meet patients from all walks of life with unique motivations behind their desire to undergo breast augmentation. Understanding their individual goals, we are able to use a variety of methods, prioritizing their safety throughout every step, to help them achieve the look that they desire.
Our team of board-certified plastic surgeons offers this procedure to women who have struggled with the appearance of their breasts for years or who are experiencing a change in their bodies after giving birth. In addition, we are passionate about helping patients who have undergone a mastectomy or who have a congenital breast deformity undergo this procedure for reconstructive purposes so they can feel confident in their bodies again.
Breast Augmentation Before and After Photos
The photos in this section contain nudity. You may continue if you are 18 years of age or older and are not offended by such material.
5'0" - 5'5"
5'0" - 5'5"
5'6" - 5'11"
5'0" - 5'5"
5'6" - 5'11"
CANDIDATES FOR BREAST AUGMENTATION
Breast augmentation is a big decision – but it’s also one that can truly change a woman’s life. The positive change in appearance it can give promotes a more positive outlook in life. The ideal candidate for breast augmentation is any woman who wants to reach her full potential and finally achieve the look she’s always wanted.
Here are some of the most common reasons why people undergo breast augmentation:
- They have naturally small breasts
- They have sagging or droopy breasts
- They have asymmetrical breasts
- They’re experiencing a loss of volume due to pregnancy
- They wish to have reconstruction after a mastectomy
- They want to fit better into their clothes
- They want their breasts to look more youthful
- They want to feel sexier in their own skin
At our Houston and Clear Lake clinics, we require our patients to undergo a formal evaluation during their initial consultation with our doctors to determine if this procedure is the best and most appropriate option for them to achieve their goals. This is an opportunity for our surgeons to assess their physical condition in preparation for surgery as well.
The minimum qualifications for breast augmentation candidates include:
- At least 18 years old for saline implants and over 22 years old for silicone implants with fully developed breasts.
- Healthy women at their ideal body weight and Body Mass Index (BMI).
- Not pregnant or currently breastfeeding.
" Very happy I found this Doctor. Doctor and all his staff are wonderful. "
" Staff was amazing! Hsu was very helpful. I would definitely recommend him. "
" I was extremely comfortable. He was very professional and gave great recommendations. I would defintely recommend him. "
" Dr. Hsu is easy to talk to and takes the time to listen to you and answer all your questions. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. "
" He is very professional, and thorough went over all that would take place during surgery and what to expect afterwards. I would definitely recommend him. "
BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH MPS TOP DOCTORS
Breast augmentation is typically performed as an outpatient procedure. Depending on the extent of the surgery and whether it is combined with another procedure, breast augmentation takes between 1 – 3 hours. Patients are under general anesthesia throughout the operation.
As one of the top providers of breast augmentation in Houston, we take great care of our patients to eliminate all kinds of risks for their safety. Our doctors use the No-Touch Technique during the procedure to lower the risk of infection and minimize capsular contracture.
We first soak silicone implants in a triple antibiotic solution before being inserted into the breast pocket through a Keller Funnel. Once the surgery is complete, we wrap our patients’ breasts with bandages and skin adhesives before covering them with a surgical support bra to prevent strains.
While breast augmentation surgery typically involves the use of breast implants, we offer an alternative procedure called Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation at Memorial Plastic Surgery. This procedure uses liposuction techniques to remove fat from other areas of the body and inject it into the breasts. This procedure is referred to as the more natural approach to enhancing the breasts and is ideal for women who want a relatively small increase in breast size. Still, significant changes to the breasts are achieved better with breast implants.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT BREAST IMPLANTS
During the initial consultation with our surgeons, patients will have the opportunity to choose their preferred breast implant type. Our team will go over the different combinations to assist our patients in making the best choice. Choosing the right breast implants requires understanding how each style and size suits your body and helps meet your goals.
BREAST IMPLANT TYPES
We offer three types of implants at our practice: saline, silicone, and gummy bear implants.
- Saline implants come in empty elastomer shells and are filled with saltwater. One main advantage they have over other types of implants is that they can be placed while empty and then filled later, allowing the surgeon to control the volume of saline to fill into the shell until the breasts are symmetrical and the correct size.
- Silicone implants are pre-filled with a viscous silicone gel and are a common choice because of their softer look and feel that mimics real breast tissue. The latest silicone shells are designed to stay in place even after an unexpected rupture, which often makes it more difficult to detect a leak.
- Gummy bear implants refer to implants that use a cohesive silicone gel that maintains its shape even if it gets cut in half or when a rupture occurs. These implants are textured and used in breast reconstruction to enhance the natural slope of the breast because of their anatomical shape.
OTHER IMPLANT OPTIONS
Each implant comes in two shapes: round and teardrop, also known as anatomical or contoured. Both come in many different sizes and profiles. The choice over the implant shape depends on the patient’s unique aesthetic goals, preferred area of the incision, and implant placement.
- Round implants have a symmetrical spherical shape with just the right amount of fullness at the top and bottom of the breast.
- Teardrop implants provide more volume at the base and mirror the natural slope of the breast. These contoured implants are better suited for patients who have very little breast tissue.
Breast implants come in two different textures: textured or smooth. The textured surface is rough and acts like fine sandpaper on the surface. The smooth surface is smooth and unchanging, a smooth plastic shell all around.
- Smooth implants are commonly used in this procedure because their shell is thinner, allowing a wider range of options for different profiles and strengths.
- Textured implants have a rough shell that adheres better to the chest tissues and prevents them from rotating in the breast pocket.
The profile of a breast implant determines how far it projects forward from the breast. The degree of projection achieved is determined by the width of the implant. Generally, the smaller the base width of a breast implant, the farther it will project beyond the breast.
There are three options offered to patients:
- Moderate Plus Profile Implants have the widest base width and result in the least amount of projection over the breast. As a result, they offer more natural results than the other options and are often an excellent choice for women with wider breasts.
- High Profile Implants offer more projection than moderate plus profile implants and make breasts appear fuller in women with narrower chests.
- Ultra-High Profile Implants have a very narrow base width, allowing for the greatest projection. This profile is usually chosen by petite women who want a rounder appearance to their breasts.
There are two options for implant placement: submuscular (under the muscle) or subglandular (over the muscle).
- Submuscular implants mean that the implants are placed below the pectoral muscle for a more “natural” look and contour. This is ideal for women who do not have enough breast tissue. However, patients should expect more discomfort and a longer recovery time.
- Subglandular implants are positioned above the muscle, just below the breast tissue. This method is typically less painful and has a shorter recovery time because only the skin and fat are operated on during the procedure. Subglandular placement increases the risk of capsular contracture, and there is a higher chance that the implants themselves will be felt.
BREAST AUGMENTATION VIDEOS
BREAST AUGMENTATION INCISIONS
The method of insertion and placement of implants is determined by several factors. During your initial consultation, our surgeons will explain each incision technique. The surgical plan that you will develop together takes into account your preferred implant type, shape, texture, profile, and placement to recommend the appropriate type of incision that will be made.
Our surgeons are well versed in all breast augmentation incision techniques.
- Inframammary (IMF) incisions are made along the natural breast crease where the base of the breast meets the chest. This incision is most commonly used in breast augmentation procedures because it allows for precise placement of the implants.
- Periareolar incisions form a semicircle around the outer edge of the areola. The scars are usually well camouflaged by the natural lines and ridges once healed.
- Transaxillary incisions are created in the armpit, where they blend in well with the natural folds of skin. Because of the precision required for this technique, patients should expect a longer surgery time. Dr. Patrick Hsu is one of the few plastic surgeons in Houston who perform transaxillary breast augmentation.
BREAST AUGMENTATION COST & FINANCING
The cost of Breast Augmentation in Houston can vary from $6,710- $9,990+, which includes the type of breast implants, anesthesia, and operating room fees (OR). The final cost of the surgery will also depend on:
- The incision technique used
- The duration of the procedure
- The surgeon’s fee (varies from doctor to doctor).
The procedure is not covered by health insurance unless it is deemed medically necessary, such as breast reconstruction after a mastectomy. We accept personal checks, credit cards, and cryptocurrencies as forms of payment. Likewise, we offer several financing options to help patients cover their surgical costs.
RECOVERY & RESULTS
After breast augmentation surgery, our doctors provide a set of post-operative care instructions to care for wounds to minimize swelling and prevent infection. We will also schedule a series of follow-up appointments to monitor the progress of recovery.
Our patients often ask how long the pain lasts after breast augmentation. Generally, breast augmentation patients are able to return to work and normal activities in as little as 3 – 5 days after the surgery.
Final results should be seen over the course of 3 months, which is the time that the breasts should settle into their final position.
Below is a table with the estimated timetable of recovery after surgery:
|POST-OP OBSTACLES||ESTIMATED TIME|
|Physical discomfort (bruising & swelling)||2 – 4 weeks|
|Surgical bra use||4 – 6 weeks|
|Loss of nipple sensation||6 – 12 months|
|DAILY ACTIVITIES||ESTIMATED TIME|
|Full body showers||2 days|
|Driving & household chores||1 – 2 weeks|
|Regular exercise & strenuous activities||4 weeks|
We recommend following Memorial Plastic Surgery’s post-operative care instructions to ensure the best recovery. Additionally, it is important to schedule follow-up appointments with our office staff to allow your doctor to observe your progress.
OUR DOCTORS ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT BREAST AUGMENTATION
During the consultation, our patients come with a number of frequently asked questions about breast augmentation surgery. Below, our team has compiled a list of answers:
What can you tell me about breast augmentation surgery and implants?
Breast augmentation is the general term for any surgical procedure that aims to increase the size of the breasts. Breast implants are a common type of breast augmentation and are prosthetic devices that are surgically inserted during the enhancement process.
What sleeping position should I sleep in after breast augmentation?
What activities to avoid after breast augmentation?
What bras should I wear after Breast Augmentation?
Do you have any advice for me before I have my breast augmentation operation?
How do I find the best plastic surgeon for breast augmentation?
What is the best way to avoid capsular contracture from breast implants?
What is the Dual Plane Method for Breast Augmentation or Breast Implants?
Can you tell me about having breast augmentation and getting symmastia?
What causes seroma after breast augmentation?
How long after breast augmentation can I work out?
What’s the difference between a breast lift and breast augmentation?
What are the signs of a hematoma after breast augmentation?
What does it mean when there is a bilateral capsular separation?
Is an endoscope necessarily better for transaxillary implants?
What exactly does the word “fluff” mean in the term “Drop and Fluff”?
What causes your breast implants to bottom out?
Can breast augmentation be done with other procedures at the same time?
*The content and images on this page are provided with the sole intention of educating potential patients on the procedure discussed above. Results vary per individual and are dependent on our doctor’s consultation prior to the procedure. We strongly recommend undergoing a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon prior to scheduling and undergoing any surgical or non-surgical treatment.