Shayan Izaddoost, M.D., Ph.D., FACS
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Shayan Izaddoost is a leading board-certified plastic surgeon in Houston, Texas, who specializes in breast reconstruction and cosmetic surgery of the face, breast, and body. He has a particular interest in helping breast cancer survivors feel whole again and is considered as one of the foremost breast reconstruction experts in Houston.
Dr. Izaddoost also expands his mastery in cosmetic procedures, including breast augmentation, breast lift, body lift, liposuction, and tummy tuck. He is a Diplomat and a member of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Texas Medical Association, Texas Society of Plastic Surgery, and Houston Society of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Izaddoost has a patient-centric approach and likes to focus on both the physical and emotional well-being of his patients while providing them with compassionate care throughout the entire surgical process. He routinely works with breast cancer survivors to help restore the aesthetic form that may have been lost, using the most advanced techniques, including DIEP flap, fat grafting, and implant-based breast reconstruction.
Together with his patients, Dr. Izaddoost individualizes the surgical process to yield the best aesthetic result and build a long-lasting patient-physician relationship.
Early Life & Education
Dr. Shayan Izaddoost was born in Denton, TX, and is proud to be a native Texan. After receiving his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Texas at Austin, he began his medical training at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.
Upon receiving his Medical Degree and Ph.D. from Baylor College of Medicine and completing his Post-Doctoral training in the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Dr. Izaddoost continued his stay at Baylor to complete his residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Before joining Memorial Plastic Surgery, Dr. Izaddoost served a number of hospitals in Houston. This provided him with over a decade to hone his skills and become one of the city’s most trusted plastic and reconstructive surgeons.
Honors & Awards
- Cronin Award – Texas Society of Plastic Surgery: (2008)
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award – Division of Plastic Surgery
- Best Young Plastic Surgeon – Texas Society of Plastic Surgery (2012)
- Star Faculty Award for Excellence in Patient Care – Baylor College of Medicine
- Norton Rose Fulbright Faculty Excellence Award – Baylor College of Medicine
- Houstonia Magazine Top Doctor
- Texas Monthly Top Doctor
- M.D., Ph.D., Baylor College of Medicine
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin
- Residency, Baylor College of Medicine
- Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine
- American College of Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgery
- Houston Society of Plastic Surgery
- Chi St Lukes
- Houston Methodist
- Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City
- HCA Clearlake
- Texas Childrens
- The Woman's Hospital
- Park Plaza & Ben Taub